1714 Bella Vista Street was built in 1927, likely by Arthur R. Green. The home is notable on the street for its distinctive and apparently original striped awnings. The first owners were Joseph and Mary Kornmann. Evidently prosperous, Mr. Kornmann worked in the printing industry, and the family employed a live-in maid, who was noted in the 1930 Census. Live-in household seems to have been a relative rarity on the street. Later owners of the home included two doctors and at least one nurse who served in The Red Cross during World War II.