Originally owned by John and Ella Schreckenhofer, 1719 Bella Vista was built in 1931. Though the builder is unknown, the Schreckenhofers acquired the land to build from Ralph H. Prinz. Little is known about the original owners, who sold the home in 1939. The home was then owned by two generations of the Josefovsky family, who painted the exterior in a striking chartreuse trim.
As of April 2020, the home has been renovated by The Keene Group (who also renovated next-door 1723 Bella Vista Street), who restored the traditional buff-and-brown exterior paint scheme. The home is on the market for sale, listed at $289,000.